Monday 4 December 2017

Snowflake by Annabel Howarth

Snowflake,
A miracle of creation,
Born from the heavens,
Perfect to my eyes,
When do you first wonder,
“Though in my six-sided symmetry,
I hear I am beautiful,
I hear I am perfect,
Which of us is best?”
“Who do you love the most?”

You are perfect to my eyes,
You are perfect to my soul,
Each one of you is
Loved.

You,
Whose journey began
In a frantic storm, which
Twisted and turned you,
Quick and slow, from
East to West, each move,
Shaping you,
You are perfect to my eyes.

You,
Who fell quietly,
Gently,
Softly,
In the middle of the night,
You are perfect to my eyes.

You,
who fell in a fanfare, of
Joyous children’s smiles,
And
You,
who fell hurriedly, on a
Road of treacherous ice,
You are perfect to my eyes.

You, who grew angry,
You, who just cried,
You, who laughed at inappropriate times,
You, who they called clever,
You, who they called brave,
You, they called a joker,
You, they always blamed,
You are perfect in my eyes.

There is no best way to be,
To be born, to live, to die,
Rest easy, my precious children,

You are perfect in my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment